Hey guys! I am sorry I have been away for so long. I am in Seattle for the summer, woot woot! It has been great so far, and has kept me quite busy. The weather has been a little bi-polar. On some days it's beautiful outside, and on others, rainy. The best thing about the weather here is that it's never extreme, especially over the summer. I'll post some pictures soon! Now, on to the recipe!
I made this for breakfast the other day, and I must say a lot of people loved it! I give my older sister all the credit for this recipe (she always has the bests up her sleeve! ), because she told me about it. It's super easy to make, and tastes great with honey (or maple syrup), whipped cream and strawberries!
Total Time: 35 mins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 4 servings
1 1/2 cups of flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons of butter, melted or canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup blueberries
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix the evaporated milk, lemon zest and juice. Let it sit for five minutes, and then add the egg and vanilla. Combine by mixing.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine. Stir in the melted butter and stir in the blueberries. (If at this point the mixture is overly thick, feel free to add more evaporated milk).
- Melt a little of the softened butter or canola oil, in a heated skillet (over medium-low heat).
- Drop the batter by 1/4 cup measures and fry the pancakes on both sides for a couple of minutes until golden.
- Serve with warm honey (or syrup, I prefer honey! :D ).