Hello my nerdly beautifuls and happy Sunday to all!
I'm so excited about sharing this recipe with you, as it is very reminiscent of my childhood and breakfast with family. It's also my mom's very own recipe, one of the best cooks I know :). If you're Nigerian, you may confuse this with puff-puffs or buns, but make no mistake, it is completely different in taste and consistency. It's more like a pancake roll, with more flavour. You really just have to try it to understand :D.
Without further ado, let's get to it. :)
Level/Type: Medium/Breakfast Recipe
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total: 1 hr 15 mins
3 1/2 cups of flour
2 3/4 cups of heavy milk
1 1/4 cups of water
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 can of corned beef (if you're a big corned beef lover, feel free to use the entire can. Keep in mind corned beef comes salted).
Vegetable (or Olive) oil.
1. Add 2 1/2 cups of flour (note, this is not all the flour you'll be needing for this recipe) into a blender.
2. Add in the heavy milk and the water, and blend properly.
3. Add in the eggs, baking powder and sugar, blend again until the mix is creamy and smooth.
4. Add in the banana (slice it into smaller pieces first), cinnamon and nutmeg, and blend again.
5. Pour this mix into a large bowl, and gradually add in the remaining flour (1 cup), and then the corned beef, while stirring the mix.
6. Heat up your oil until it's hot enough to deep fry (medium-high, not too hot so they don't burn too fast).
7. Use a table spoon to scoop out of this mix, and drop it in the hot oil.
8. Flip it over to obtain an even golden brown color all round. Similar to how it looks in the picture. :)
Fun Fact: If you add 3/4 cup of water, you could fry the mix as you would eggs and get some yummy pancakes (tastes like banana pancakes)!
And you're done!
This is honestly one of my favorite breakfast recipes - easy to make and so delicious! Please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes if you decide to try it.