Lately, I've been in love with Mason jars! They are the chocolate of the DIY world, and are just so versatile! In need of a vase? Cutlery holder? Sewing kit? Jam case? Candle holder? You name it, a mason jar can help with it. I know it seems a little too good to be true, but I sincerely can't get enough of them. :)
As you may or may not already know, I have a mild addiction to blueberry muffins, and so it was only going to take so long before I tried making one in a mason jar! I topped it up with strawberry yoghurt, and actually had it on the side while eating the muffin. It was so good, you'd just have to try it for yourself! Now, on to the recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 jars
- 1 Duncan Hines Blueberry Streusel Muffin Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/3 cup of oil
- Strawberry Yoghurt (of your favorite flavor!)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease mason jars with butter or oil.
- Rinse and drain blueberries thoroughly with cold water.
Mix(instructions also on the muffin box):
- Empty the muffin mix to the bowl. Stir in the eggs, water and oil, and mix, mix, mix(until moistened)!
- Fold rinsed and drained blueberries gently into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the mason jars, fill 2/3 of the jar.
- Place the mason jars in a baking pan, and place the pan in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or more, until golden brown. (Dip in toothpick/fork, if it comes out dry, then you're all set).
- Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread strawberry yoghurt over the top of the mason jars. And you're all done.